Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY: Chocolate Nest Bowls



Easter is right around the corner so I thought I would show you how to make these cute chocolate nest bowls. I made these with the kids last year to decorate our tables at church and they were super easy. I forgot which blog I got this from so my apologies for not giving recognition.

Omit the cotton candy....it didn't work out


First you want to blow up small balloons to the desired size and grease it(keeps you from fighting to get the balloon out of the chocolate shell).
Melt the chocolate wafers in a bowl

Dip the balloons in the chocolate and place them on aluminum foil or parchment paper.

Next you want to stick the balloon so that the air releases slowly, otherwise if it pops quickly it may cause the chocolate shell to wither. And I didn't do it myself but I suggest dipping it 2 or 3 times because 1 layer is too fragile and will break easily.

Finally, decorate with peeps and chocolate eggs.

You can see where some of my nest bowls broke, but still cute right?






Chocolate bunt cake decorated with peeps and malt eggs.
I hope you all have fun trying this out. Let me know how yours turns out. 

1 comment: