Saturday, January 21, 2012

Count Your Blessings

Hello followers,
     Today I am counting my blessings and thanking the Lord for the everyday things that we all take for granted. It's funny how we don't realize how blessed we are until we see someone in a wheelchair or hear that a mother has lost her born or unborn child. It's not the obvious tangible things that I am talking about like food and shelter but the things that money can't buy like my sanity, my joy, my peace of mind, my sight, the use of my limbs and most importantly my LIFE..... just to name a few. I wake up every morning(sometimes afternoon) to a family that LOVES me, I STAND up, WALK to the bathroom, LOOK in the mirror, LISTEN to the news, and continue to  DO things for myself and others all day. I have friends that love me and parents that support me in more ways than one. I could go on and on but I think you get my point. I know life isn't always easy, sometimes it's a downright daily struggle but everyday brings another opportunity to do things right, to do things better.  Do you count your blessings? Do you thank God for his grace and mercy? Do you ever look at someone else and thank God it's not you? Perfection was never God's intention and whatever you feel you are lacking I'm sure it's compensated by something else. Just remember that you may not be able to sing but you have a voice, your vision may not be great but you have insight, you may not be able to walk but you can stand for something. Don't underestimate your abilities and your talents. Use them because God gave them to YOU for a reason. Nobody can do what you do the way that you do it. So count your blessings and praise God like never before!

No comments:

Post a Comment